storage business for sale storage facility mini storage for sale self storage company for sale units
Easy to manage Self Storage Company
Priced for fast sale at $675,000
How to Value or Appraise a business for sale - or any other purpose
1800 606 0310
What is the value of the employees to your business? - What is the value of your clientele?
We can answer these questions in our valuation.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS GONE
You may wish to sell your business using this space.
New offer as of April 15, 2017
Pay for the valuation and your advertising (until sold) is included at no extra charge.
WE WIN IN COURT
Need a bulletproof Business Valuation
“I greatly appreciate the work Eric did on the Valuation of my company. It stood up in court. (April 2017) The Judge soundly admonished the Chartered Business Valuator who tried to contradict Eric’s valuation. If someone needs confirmation and wants to speak to me; Eric has permission to release my number”. (Julian)
Second opinion on a questionable Valuation?
We find that most small business valuators concentrate on Asset, Market, and Income approaches developed in the 1970’s. These are generally easy to defeat in 2017 as most businesses are now made up of 50% or more in “intangible assets” these valuators neglect, or have no means, to properly measure.
|FACTORS AFFECTING VALUATION
This is the key Point: If someone is presenting or proposing a valuation without taking these factors into consideration, the valuation number is likely to be misleading and almost certainly not accurate for a small business.
- Return on Investment
- How has R&D been accounted for?
- Shareholder Agreement (if one exists)
- Value of Employees
(cost of recruitment and training as a group)
- Client Base and cost to rebuild
- Value of Supply Chain
- Value of Distribution Network if one exists
- Internet Presence and Use (social network)
- Dominance if any in the marketplace
- Knowledge Base of Owner and Employees
- Processes and Procedures Documentation
(How well are all aspects of the company documented?)
- Industry Averages
- Lease Terms
- Leasehold Improvements
- Currency Fluctuations and Geopolitical Considerations
- Leverage - Cost of money.
Is leverage applicable and if so at what risk?
- Minority Interest (if applicable)
- Special Interest Purchaser
(Partners are also special interest purchasers as they have more knowledge, interest, and opportunity, with less risk than regular buyers.)
- How well is the business/practice expected to function with changes in management? (if applicable)
|Return on Investment is Always My First and Last Consideration
How Financials Can Be Deceiving:
(This is the kind of practical solution offered by our system.)
Accounting for tax purposes is totally different than interpreting financial statements for Business Valuation Purposes. Let us give you just one example: (Think Partnership or Divorce)
For tax purposes R&D is an expense in the year the R&D occurred. For the purpose of an accurate valuation the R&D should be amortized over a period of 5 to 12 years. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
The financials must be normalized to reflect proper treatment of R&D. If we didn’t do this a company could spend 95% (or all) of the profit on R&D and might successfully claim the company to be worth very little for a short period of time. Perhaps not fraud but certainly manipulation, depending upon the purpose. (Divorce or other partnership)
Eric Jordan, President
VALUATIONS RANGE $1000 TO $5,000 AND SOMETIMES HIGHER (AVERAGE $3,500)
Call or email now!
Profiles of some 2016 clients:
Most are in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver or Toronto
- Multi Million Dollar Distribution Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Plumbing and Gas Business- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Multi Million Dollar Eco Tour Business- Valuation for purpose of expansion loan.
- Law Practice- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Lawn and Yard Maintenance business- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Art Studio Franchise- Valuation for accounting purposes and CRA requirements.
- Plumbing Business- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Irrigation and Snow Removal Business- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Large Retail Bakery- Valuation for purpose of sale to employee over 5 years.
- Software Distribution rights in Canada- For Australian Parent Company (Agency Dispute.)
- Janitorial Supply Business- Valuation for purpose of partnership dispute.
- Tree Pruning and Lawn Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Battery Distribution Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance Company- Valuation for purpose of partnership dispute.
- Blind Manufacturing and Installation Company- Valuation for purpose of legal action in partnership dispute. This went to court on May 27, 2016 and resulted in our client receiving over 80% of the amount he sued for.
Client is available as a reference.
- Classic Car Renovation Business- Valuation for multi-million dollar lawsuit in Florida launched by Canadian partners.
- Dance Studio- Valuation for purpose of establishing value for pending sale.
- Cross fit GYM- Valuation for purpose of establishing a viable price for buyer to offer.
- Jim’s Burger Location in US- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceeding.
- Two Wholesale Bakeries- purpose of the valuation was to find values so the companies could merge.
- Sign Manufacturing Business- Valuation for purpose of a minority shareholder leaving company.
- Landscaping and Excavating Company- Valuation for purpose of divorce.
- Day Care Facility- Valuation to support litigation and negotiation for damages inflicted by City in zoning error.
- Accommodation Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Smoker Operation (8 pigs at a time in size)- Valuation for tax purposes.
- Flooring Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Retail Wine Business (Franchise concept)- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Prop Business- Valuation for purpose of partnership buyout.
- Computer Retail- Valuation for purpose of potential purchase.
- Music Composer Business (original soundtracks for documentary movies and videos)- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Two Pharmacy Locations- Valuation for purpose of sale consideration.
- Luxury Bed and Breakfast combined with Events Business- Valuation for the purpose of sale.
- Pool Building Company- Valuation for purpose of sale to family.
- Automotive Related Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Specialized Manufacturing Firm within Printing Industry- Valuation necessary as someone expressed interest in purchase.
- Daycare- Valuation for purpose of possible sale. (Interested Purchaser came forward)
- Focused Builder- Valuation for purpose of establishing value for employee buy in.
- Software Maintenance Contractors- Valuation for purpose of possible merger. (many millions of dollars)
- Chiropractic Practice - Valuation for purpose of buy in.
- Wholesale Food Business- Valuation for purpose of settling partnership dispute.
- Accounting Firm- Valuation for purpose of divorce.
- Call Centre- Valuation for internal purposes.
- Hair Salon- Valuation for purpose of employee buy in.
- Convenience Store and Gas- Valuation for purpose of lease dispute.
- Specialized Builder of Restaurants- Valuation for purpose of employee buy in.
- Wholesale Food Manufacturing and Distribution- Valuation for purpose of partnership buyout.
- Retail Sporting Goods Franchise- Valuation for purpose of purchase.
- Diesel Repair Shop- Valuation for purpose of partnership dispute.
- Cellular Repair Company- Valuation for purpose of internal planning.
- Roofing Company- Valuation for purpose of partnership consideration.
- Upscale Personal Services Company- Valuation for purpose of internal planning.
- Specialized Wheel Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
Eric Jordan (CPPA) - 1 800 606 0310
Victoria - Vancouver - Edmonton - Calgary - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Ottawa - Toronto
Assignments taken regularly from Business Owners in the US, Australia, and Asia
Expertise and Experience in Intangible Assets and Intellectual Property.
Mini Storage Facility located on #16 Yellowhead Hiway. Current mini storage facility built on industrial zoned 1 acre parcel of land. The Mobile Storage company compliments the fixed physical building. Portable units are either rented on the mini storage facility site, or delivered to clients property where they can either stay there for the duration of the rental period or be transported to the clients new residence or back to the Langham facility for safe storage until such time the client requires. The mobile storage opens up an expanded geographical target market for client base, as we bring the storage to the client. Delivery charges to the client per transport and delivery captures the related expenses of hauling and relocating the containers.
>>>USE SCROLL BAR FOR MORE INFORMATION>>>
- 3 Year Old Mini- Storage Facility - 10 units
- 1 1/2 Year Old Mobile Portable Storage Business - Total 30 units
- 15 units acquired - Fall 2011
- 15 units acquired - Fall 2012
- 2011 Custom Trailer to haul mobile units with 2011 Ford Superduty Diesel F550 pulling truck.
- 3 One Trip Seacan Containers
Also included in the sale is an adjoining 2 acre (individual titled 1 acre each) parcel of industrial zoned land ready for future development. At present stage the adjoining parcel of land has a developed section of 1 1/2 acres that is ready for gravel, allowing the expansion into RV/Boat storage offering additional revenue stream or for the erection of additional buildings or businesses.
The demand on owner/operator time is part time to effectively runs the current business collecting a somewhat passive revenue. The average hours spent maintaining and servicing the storage and mobile storage business is on average 2 hours per week. If desired this passive business allows for the expansion of an existing or additional business on site...eg. trucking business, landscaping, small service or products for sale, excavation/bobcat service, commercial lease space buildings erected etc.
Also, included in sale is a 2008 S250 bobcat with very low hours, attachments and trailers to maintain the 3 acres and/or to have an additional income stream.
We currently have up to a dozen ideas of increase revenue or growth and expansion ideas that can be discussed in great detail with the serious inquirer.
Owner Estimates Fair Market Value of Hard Assets: $580,000.00
Lot 4 with the Mini Storage Building = $130,000
Lot 3 – lot only by itself with small improvements = $65,000
Lot 2 – lot only by itself with small improvements = $65,000
Bobcat business assets – Bobcat $30,000 Trailer $4,000 Dump Trailer $9,000 = Total $43,000
Portable Storage Units – 30 in total = $150,000
Equipment for Portable Storage - $70,000 Truck, $40,000 Trailer, $5,000 Accessories = $115,000
Seacan Units - 3 (9'9x20,9'9x20,8x9) $12,000.00
Total Hard Asset Value would appear to be $580,000.00
$6,020 per month
- Mini Storage $1,100 per month.
- Portables $4,800 per month. (by spring)
- Sea Containers $120 per month.
Taxes $3,700 per year or $308.33 per month
Insurance $4,800 per year or $400 per month
Utilities $2,400 per year or $200 per month.
$5,111.67 Normalized Net Profit per month.
$61340.04 per year
Value of cash flow calculated at 3 X normalized net = $184,020.12
Plus the estimated market value of hard assets of $ = $764,020.12